Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To the nunnery with you!

We had our first family vacation this past week. We went to Alton, Il to see Sr. Chiara make her first profession. It was a great time! Dave headed back to Lincoln on Tuesday while Eliza and I stuck back with the rest of the family at Karissa's house in Atchison until Saturday when we moved Austin into school at Benedictine. We had some definite family bonding time! I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
                                                     Ready to Go!

                                    Finally Eliza meets her namesake!


                                                The whole Family


                                Blessed with an incredible friendship!



Eliza met a new friend; a little boy who was 1 week younger than her.  She wasn't very interested. She must have been thinking about how much she wants to join the convent:)


She doesn't seem happy about her pre-determined vocation. In our defense it does say "per God's will" beneath. You can't see it because the skirt is covering it.



                     Loving the pool with Grandma and Grandpa


                     We had a wonderful picnic at the lake in Atchison



       We were visited by ducks. I love this picture (courtesy of Joe)


I forgot to have Dave leave the stroller behind, so we picked up a cheap $5 stroller at the thrift store. Karissa said she could recover it, no problem. 3 hours later....Tada! She did a great job. It turned out SOO cute!



                          Future Benedictine student? Gotta love the hat!


Dropping off my baby brother at school. Wow I feel old, and a little bit sad. At least he has 3 wonderful women to worry about him!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers